THE PHONE NEVER RANG?

That was one tiresome day, my body is hanging on to the very last bits and pieces of energy. I didn’t have much to do anymore as it was a weekend. All I had to do was lay back and maybe connect with the people I couldn’t for the entire week because of the hecticness I’ve had to carry the whole week. I took out my phone and there were no notifications, no reminders, and no alarms. I was reassured and felt very happy, to be honest, that I’ve time for myself and I need not indulge with anyone else in this private time of mine. I can watch a movie, a game, or play a game myself. I can’t sleep because we all have this certain kind of tiredness where we are tired but not sleepy.

As I concluded the fact that I have the whole weekend for myself, I started trying to do a lot of things. I started a movie and it sucked halfway through and I kept checking my phone again and again in between and I lost it at a certain point and gave up on the movie. Still, my phone didn’t ring or vibrate even once. I went back to the watchlist and picked a classic favourite movie of mine. I sat through it and enjoyed it to the fullest even reminiscing some moments while I watched it earlier, but only with the company back then. Again, I checked my phone but this time I was going through some photos to relive the moments. The phone still didn’t ring. I sighed a heavy breath and started looking for something else to do.

Luckily for me, my favourite team was playing tonight and it has quite literally been ages since I’ve watched their game. I lost my interest in watching it even before the halfway because every minute the game is passing, it was shouting in my face that I don’t have the company, puns, or stats discussions and debates I’ve always had while watching the game. Sure, the game on its own is enjoyable but that’s not what we fall in love with when we do. The company with whom we shared that enjoyment made us attached or made affectionate towards the game. I don’t need to say what happened next, again I checked and it was as silent as it could get.

I couldn’t take all this anxiety over someone initializing a conversation with me, I stepped out to the balcony. It was a beautiful breezy night with stars all over the sky making it look like an ornament. I sat down and kept looking at it. I just giggled a little over the fact that the sky was such a picture-taking worthy scenery but I didn’t have the slightest urge to do so. Alas!! At the end of the day, I don’t have anyone to share that moment with. Posting on social media is only a social cry for attention at this point of time in my life. My phone will keep remaining silent because I don’t have a real-life on social media i.e., my fake life. I am never loud enough to tell what am I up to? where am I? if I even am alive? (Heck, I ask myself that one a lot so I don’t know).

In the modern era, we don’t gang up on people; we make them choose solitary, and trust me that kills their self-confidence and self-esteem ten times faster. Times have changed, it is no longer a battle for dominance, it is the time for prominence. At least, for dominance, Hitler was a clear, straight monarch and antagonist for the world and made it a war zone. For the sake of prominence, we use a boatload of filters to hide stuff, it may be the pimples on our faces or the cripples we have had to make to achieve this prejudiced fame that will keep us prominent. The phone will keep remaining silent because the owner was a ghost of the fake life and the world keeps revolutionizing towards the enrichment and enhancement of the same fake.

  

Comments

  1. Gods, that is the most saddest thing ive read tdy excluding yk, documentaries....I hope it gets better for ya and cheers to the new year- Amazing writing though

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Like they say, melancholy is no less than vibing around with a bunch of guys with marijuana. Gives the same high. Cheers to the year ahead to you too!

      Delete
    2. No one, no one ever said that except ya ofc-

      Delete
    3. What's the point of you spending time for what I wrote if they are already said elsewhere

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts